Our Diocesan-wide young adult competition, YAClympics, is revving up for its 2nd annual event on Saturday, May 21st from 10:00a-5:45pm at the picturesque Sesquicentennial State Park in Columbia. The inaugural event in 2015 boasted both physical and intellectual challenges with Lucis Via: Catholic Young Adults of Greenville taking home the trophy!
Whether you’re a competitor, a volunteer or a cheerleader, register now (required) to be part of the fun and plan to stay, if possible, for continued socializing into the evening and next day. Members from Columbia offer places to stay for those spending the night.
SATURDAY, MAY 21
– 10am – 10:30am – Sign-in
– 10:30am – 10:45am – Form teams
– 10:45am – Games will promptly begin
– 10:45am – 2pm – Round 1 of YAClympics Games
– 2pm – 3:30pm – Cookout and fellowship
– 3:30pm – 5pm – Round 2 of YAClympics Games
– 5pm – Awards and Closing Ceremony
– 5:45pm – Post-YAClympic Festivities (optional)
**For those who do not want to depart on May 21, there will be an option of being hosted in Columbia followed by Mass and brunch as a groupon Sunday**
SUNDAY, MAY 22 (optional)
– 9am – Mass at St. Thomas More Catholic Chapel
– 10:15am – Brunch
Come dressed for a field day – tennis shoes and active clothing encouraged – and be sure to bring sunscreen, bug spray, water, and a joyfully competitive attitude! Everyone will find a way to compete for their region.
Check your local regions Facebook pages for more information (Columbia, Greenville, Charleston). All regions are encouraged to build teams and start training – mentally and physically!